Set off from the large car park just outside Colfosco (on the road towards the Gardena Pass), above a wooded slope. After a short section secured with cables and a short walk, you reach the start.
There are fixed cables to help you overcome the rocky obstructions in the forest. Head between two massive blocks of rock and continue on the trail to the bottom of the Sella massif. Climb up the cable-secured route to the Torre Exner mountain, which you leave at the top via a little suspension bridge. A fixed-cable route and a trail lead up to the Pisciadù refuge.
The descent is via trail no. 666 (the normal route to the Rifugio Pisciadù hut) through the Val Setus valley and straight down to the car park.
The Dolomites, which many people regard as the most beautiful mountains in world, are an awesome challenge that climbers and mountaineers shouldn't miss. Vertical rock faces and steep towers guarantee plenty of climbing challenges. Doubtless, one of the most famous fixed-rope routes in the Dolomites is the Pisciadù via ferrata (also known as the Via Ferrata Tridentina) in the Sella massif. The via ferrata, easily reachable from Colfosco, has some intriguing vertical sections and a suspension bridge.
Getting to the starting point of the tour or point of interest by public transport is easy and convenient.
description to arrive at destination
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it