1191 First mention of a priest Nolpertus
1211 First mention of the parish as plebs Caldari
15th century Late Gothic hall building
1498 Winged altar by Hans Klockner
1791 Demolition of the Old parish Church
1792/93 New construction of the parish church - frescoes by Joseph Schöpf
1793 Sanctification of the parish church
1899/1900 Restoration by Steiner to Felsburg
2002/2004 Restoration of the parish church: complete reconstruction of the church roof, entire interior restoration by Gebr. Zingerle, renovation of the lighting and loudspeaker system, restoration of the high altar.
The high altar of Teodor Benedetti (around 1740), the high altar of Michelangelo Unterberger (1744) and the ceiling painting by Joseph Schöpf (1792/93) are especially worth seeing .
Source: parish office Kaltern
description to arrive at destination
Theparish church is located on Kaltern’s market square, in the heart of the village.