Getting to the starting point of the tour or point of interest by public transport is easy and convenient.
This six-hour trail immerses hiking fans in the stories of the farmer of Corvara and the ogre. Along the way, you will discover more about time-honored virtues from long ago, which are still relevant today.
Disocver the whole legend in the book: "Walking through an enchanted land" available in the tourist offices.
description to arrive at destination
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
From the crossroad in Corvara you walk for about 300 meters along the state road in direction of La Villa and on your right you take the gravel road along the river until the neighbourhood of Verda at the entrance of La Villa. From Verda you go light uphill until Funtanacia, along the meadows at the bottom of the Gardenaccia plateau and passing from Plaön you arrive at the Sponata hut. From here you descend at the Sompunt lake and continue on the easy path in direction Paracia and Ciaminades until Pedraces. In Pedraces you take the uphill path that goes along the state road to San Leonardo until the parish church. Behind the church you go uphill on the path with the Holy Cross stations to Oies where you will find the native house of Saint Giuseppe Freinademetz, the first Saint of the Alto Adige region. Continuing halfway up the hill along the path at the bottom of the Sasso Croce you pass the farmsteads of Sotrú, Craciorara and Cianins as far as La Villa. From here you can return to Corvara taking again the gravel road along the river.