description to arrive at destination
Along the state road up to Latsch and from here towards Tarres.
St. Karpophorus Church in Tarres was taken over between 1212-1214 as a gift from Emperor Friedrich who was in possession of the German Order of Knights. The church tower, which was spared from being converted at a later stage, is probably the most beautiful of all of the structured roman towers in the Venosta region. The church forms part of the “Stairway to Heaven” project.